Friday, June 4, 2010

Graduation

Yes, it's that lovely time of year. Today our school held it's graduation ceremony. I watched my best friend walk to get her diploma, decked out in her cap and gown. Emotions struck me more than I would've imagined. I figured with this summer, and the hopes that I would be able to see her throughout her college life I thought I could handle her leaving high school. Instead I fought back tears at graduation, and I'm ashamed to say that it's because I don't like other people to see me cry. I truly hope that she knows how much I care about her, and how much I'm going to miss her. Even as I type this up tears are welling in my eyes. Kylie, you've been there with me through a lot. You know things about me I wouldn't dream about telling anyone else and I'm proud to call you my best friend. This post is scattered but it's not an english essay so who cares, you get the point.

I wish you the best of luck at college. I know you'll be successful, there's no doubt in my mind of that. You have your beliefs and I know you'll stick to them. If you change as a person I know that it'll only be for the better. Promise me one thing, promise me that your graduation party won't be the last time I see you. Even if the only way we talk is through Skype or Facebook, you have to promise me you won't forget me. You've changed my life for the better, and you've helped me with all of my insecurities. As I started saying back in sixth grade,

I love you in a non-sexual way.

1 comment:

  1. Saaaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaaaah!!! You made me cry again!! xDD

    Sweetie, I love you so much. You're like a sister to me. Ever since that first day when I entered eighth grade, you've been right there beside me as my best friend and Mini-Me. I've come closer to you than I ever thought I would get to anyone.

    There's no way in hell I'm leaving you alone. We're going on outings, and doing magnificent things together whether you get sick of me or not! xD

    I love you, maybe a little sexually. JUST KIDDING. JUST KIDDING! XDDD

    ReplyDelete